Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media I just tried watching anime again and I hated it

L

LifeMaxxer

Commander
Anime just makes me feel like shit now because it’s way too artificial. After going months without watching anything,The drawing seem so fake and unnatural. The voice actors make me cringe. I can only cope with reality based shows now. It’s sad to say but I believe that I’ve outgrown cartoons/anime.

I am not able to watch anime at all because the voices are insufferable. It is as if they cast the same four actors for each voice.

I am not able to watch anime at all because the voices are insufferable. It is as if they cast the same four actors for each voice.
The young girl who half screeches when yelling annoys me deeply

So true. It doesn’t hit the same anymore and it’s kind of heartbreaking.

I treat it like broadway theater, they have to make up for the simplistic faces with exaggerated gesticulation and speech, and that's not considering how trope reliant anime as a whole has become the past 10+ years.

And it also reminds me of everything I missed out on since 90% of anime seem to be aimed at young adults and teenagers even the ones tackling mature themes are often set in schools or similar enviroments, so it just makes me angry watching it and makes me want to go out and murder, I stick to normal cinema and books these days.

Yea I tried anime, it’s not for me. The voices are too annoying.

And it also reminds me of everything I missed out on since 90% of anime seem to be aimed at young adults and teenagers even the ones tackling mature themes are often set in schools or similar enviroments, so it just makes me angry watching it and makes me want to go out and murder, I stick to normal cinema and books these days.
100%. The fantasy aspect of anime is mostly just people reliving their high school days. It’s so bad to the point where anything that’s not in a school setting and has decent, mature writing will succeed. (Berserk, attack on titan, demon slayer, one piece, jujutsu kaisen, etc.)

Romance anime is unrealistic and blue pilled too. Its always a soy boy with glasses and 0 confidence getting the harem meanwhile we know that the athletes and popular guys slay the most.

I went on a small tangent but anime has always been a bad cope.

So true. It doesn’t hit the same anymore and it’s kind of heartbreaking.
I think I've just outgrown most anime. Most of it is still targeted towards the same demographic which is teenagers. I can't insert myself into any of the protags anymore.

good. let the weeb disease heal!

I do like some of it but mostly the older stuff. I find the majority of modern-day anime to be crap