Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I quit alcohol and smoking cigarettes for 3 months and still feel like shit

future&$

future&$

Self-banned
-
The drugs were a major cope for me and now that they are gone I have had the worst time dealing with my negative emotions. It’s like my brain is on full blast with no numbing effect. My body may be healthier but it feels wasted on a tormented mind.

I feel like shit smoking cigs. My breath is rotten and my teeth are falling out. Causes aches and gives me the scare of cancer. Keep quit.
Read Allen Carr. It worked for me.
As for alcohol if you're able to drink moderately I would recommend doing so, if not stay away. These things are designed to keep you a slave to them.
I can’t drink moderately to be honest it always leads to buying a bottle and at least a couple shots a day.

Allen Carr I've read three times. Once I managed to quit for 2 months went back and read it again and once more didn't work. Tried all the methods.
Damn, I’m sorry to hear that brocel. I really hope you find a way out soon.

Because u have dealt away with the superficial problem (smoking cigs) but not dealt with the deeper issue(why u were smoking cigs? To cope for what?)

Once u find a better cope for the deeper issue U will feel better.

Or maybe u r just going through withdrawal symptoms who knows

It's hard to quit when it's the only thing that makes you feel good at the moment. But I know it's ruining me
Yea I know what you mean. It’s the dopamine hits and the MOAIs in the cigs that are tough to replace especially if your life just sucks. The book doesn’t talk much about how to replace that part. Which is most important. Like nicotine addiction is one aspect but I honestly never got hooked to nicotine like the stuff you find in a vape. That stuff gave me way too much anxiety but cigs have that extra element of tobacco with the dopamine and serotonin calming aspect. Like you’d have to have a really nice life for you to be able to give that up. I’m struggling too.

Because u have dealt away with the superficial problem (smoking cigs) but not dealt with the deeper issue(why u were smoking cigs? To cope for what?)
boredom and loneliness.
Once u find a better cope for the deeper issue U will feel better.
Im still searching. Might get more into vidya or go back to gym.
Or maybe u r just going through withdrawal symptoms who knows
Withdrawal only lasts for 3 days apparently rest is mental.

The drugs were a major cope for me and now that they are gone I have had the worst time dealing with my negative emotions. It’s like my brain is on full blast with no numbing effect. My body may be healthier but it feels wasted on a tormented mind.
It's not wasted.

Sometimes I really feel like having a cigarette, like I'm gasping. I've never smoked but I want to try it.

If I were you I would take up marijuana. Marijuana makes me feel quite normal.

Unfortunately, it's not for me. I tried it in the past and it made me paranoid.
You haven't used it enough, you build up a tolerance. Same with any other Intoxicating substance.

You haven't used it enough, you build up a tolerance. Same with any other Intoxicating substance.
Most people I know that have initially had problems with it end up smoking more and more and end up schizos. I think it really depends on the person with weed.

Most people I know that have initially had problems with it end up smoking more and more and end up schizos. I think it really depends on the person with weed.
It's not for everyone. All I know it does make me feel good after a while.

Allen Carr I've read three times. Once I managed to quit for 2 months went back and read it again and once more didn't work. Tried all the methods.

Same also. Can't stop drinking once I start. Just full blown alcoholism
how did alcoholism start for both of you and what stuff were you drinking? i have read stories about alcoholics who ate nothing, their only calories came from cheap vodka and it sounds like hell

It starts as anything normal starts just curiosity. I had a bunch of vodka shots of my grandpa's pure vodka at 15. Eventually I'd sneak in beer and vodka just to get drunk. Then it became every night. Then I'd drink beer in the morning to "freshen up" and save the small vodka for the evening. I realized I had to stop cause my kidney has gathered up too much salt and a stone may have been in the making.
brutal shit, especially missing out on food copes as all you do is drink alcohol
how old are you now?

Over for addictcels. I was dry for over a year a few years ago and went into major depression. Now I'm practising harm reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back