Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Me vs Mother (Self-Aware Overthinker vs The Irresponsible Alcoholic Slut Proxy)

Deta97

Deta97

Suicidal Alchemist and Dreamer
-
I hate it when my mother or anyone gives me the "you're pissing me off" phrase like it's a threat, for merely disagreeing and suggesting something that doesn't fit their little box of beliefs. All I did was merely suggest mom to use 12% hydrogen peroxide for the mildew and all that instead of bleach. And I should have the right to be upset and disagree with her considering, I ruin my clothes when using the spray she switches up with bleach.

It literally brings some unpleasant memories with a few other people in the family, when I tell them they're wrong about what they say about me and their gaslighting, about how I pull a knife on Nana when in truth, I had a knife alone in the kitchen with it on my wrist trying to cut myself... How I supposedly hit and threw applesauce at you in that heated altercation, when I spilt it trying to free myself and all that, and so on. Mom and them have so little self-awareness that they just deem me the monster when I lash out at them. Her and their anger is NOTHING, to the rage I had built up in the past 20 years, unable to let it out. I had to hold back for so long that if I cut loose, I could literally cross the line the worse way possible and burn every bridge imaginable, but I choose not to.

Then she tells me about what her therapist tells her about me being "a burden"?! That stupid femoid knows nothing about what I've mentioned to my therapist, but I have enough self-awareness to mention my faults, even the ones I would rather take to the grave. I'm talking about a time I've snapped and became what I hated, using a racial slur just to goad my grandfather into making his first move in an argument.

Back to her, I couldn’t let that go, she's already tried bullying me into being what I ought to be with her ridiculous standards of being a family man despite knowing I'm not like them, nor am I built that way, and with this, I decided to confront her, telling her, "Don't ever tell me I'm pissing you off like some intimidation tactic. The last person who did that (my grandfather), it ended badly."

She ended up telling me how I do nothing but use up the toilet paper, and everything else I've mentioned here, despite me doing things around the apartment for them, or buying detergent for them and shit.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear brocel
My mother is very much the same, always nagging at me for things, and whenever I do what she says she nags at me for other things. I do not believe that anything I do will ever be good enough for her. And when she passes away I will probably spend the rest of my days living alone

Sorry to hear brocel
My mother is very much the same, always nagging at me for things, and whenever I do what she says she nags at me for other things. I do not believe that anything I do will ever be good enough for her. And when she passes away I will probably spend the rest of my days living alone

my mom and sister do the same. whenever I say anything they say I'm gaslighting etc. Also say I never do anything in the house when 1. I rarely leave my room anyway and 2. when told to do something I ALWAYS do it

my mom and sister do the same. whenever I say anything they say I'm gaslighting etc. Also say I never do anything in the house when 1. I rarely leave my room anyway and 2. when told to do something I ALWAYS do it
I have a real fucked up theory on why my mom does it. Regarding you, I'm sorry you had poor luck with family. I'm the same way. I just prefer to be left to my own devices

Here's a theory:

With what I've faced with my grandfather, aunt, and the rest of my blood family, I might as well consider myself a victim of abuse... or maybe not, but when I do lash out at them, it's always for a reason, when I'm backed into a corner. Mom was a victim of abuse, but you'd think with that, she'd be a little more sympathetic and understanding with me, but no.

My step grandmother, my counselor, and the few other supportive people were the ones to encourage me to advocate for myself. Mom, and the other former-mentioned people, on the other hand, hate it when I become assertive, labeling it as an act of disrespect, or giving me a false diagnosis of " oppositional defiant disorder", and hate it when I object to their claims, they get increasingly angry. With mom, she's always dismissive of my experience with my grandfather, regardless of the fact I'm right about it, which I'm typically questioning whether or not it's abuse. Perhaps by default, mom is also fucked up by my grandfather's parenting or something, and that's why she constantly drinks, and constantly sabotaged her life, getting fucked by strange men, and being in abusive relationships constantly, and with every good man she encounters, she just fucks things up. Guess grandpa must be a good foster considering how much of a puppet she is, with how they get triggered when I mention him, or her acting similarly to him, but worse. While she's no longer able to physically hurt me, she will still try to sic the cops on me or some shit for petty reasons.

Mom resents me because I did what she couldn't: standing up to her father. That's why she went and gave me the ultimatum to go and live with her, without a single care of the reason as to why. That's why when I've unintentionally had the CPS questioning my grandfather after my social worker overheard me complaining to my friends in middle school about how my ass was still hurting after getting whipped with a belt, she threatened to kill me should my grandfather go to jail.

It seems that mom and I are alike in more ways than one. The difference lies in the fact that despite what I've been through, I choose not to go out of my way to make other's lives hell, choosing to end the cycle of perpetual suffering. Mom, on the otherhand is just self-centered, and willingly goes out of her way to continue it, subjecting everyone in her life to her misery.

Last edited: