Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Meet Bolesław Prus - a polish novelist who discovered blackpill in the XIX century

StepyAkermanskie

StepyAkermanskie

Philosophymaxxer and whitepill enjoyer
★★★
Bolesław Prus was an author who was writting mostly a realistic novels. One of his most famous work was "The Doll", which tells a story of Stanisław Wokulski, who moneymaxxed a great fortune by selling the guns during a war between Turkey and Russia, and after returning to his home in Warsaw is trying to win a hand of the Izabela Łęcka, a noble girl from aristocratic family (but on the brink of bankruptcy by stupid actions of her father).

Now, I'm not gonna go in the details about this story because it would take too long, but know this - in this story, Stanisław Wokulski was trying everything that the redpill and bluepill is telling us today - he was buying her many beautiful things, he saved her father's economic situation many times, he was always gentle with her and never pushed her to do anything in return, he was fighting in a shooting duel and was risking his life for her etc. Yet, after all od this, everytime Izabela was bruttaly rejecting him. Why? Because she was disgusted by his "big red hands" (which were the result of his participation in the polish national uprising in the past) and because she had a totally unrealistic standards - she wanted a ideal man, without flaws or blemishes, like a statue that she had in her apartment. Hypergamy 100%.

But "The Doll" is not only about the story. It's also about many quotes said by the characters in this book, which are - from today's perspective - very blackpilled. I will quote some of my favorites below:

- Who knows, my Baron, if Starski is not right. We were taught to see women as angels, and we treat them as such. However, if they are only a primarily females, then we appear in their eyes more stupid and infirm than we are, and Starski must triumph. He is the master of the cash register who holds the right key to the lock, Baron! - he concluded with a laugh.
- And you say that, Mr. Wokulski?...
- I, my lord, and I sometimes ask myself whether we do not idolize women too much, or in general not take them too seriously; more seriously and more charmingly than we take ourselves....
- Miss Ewelina is one of the exceptions!!! - cried the baron.
- The existence of exceptions I do not deny, but who knows if Starski has not discovered a general law of [attraction]...

(Context: Starski was a... basically Pick Up Artist at this time, he was involved in many quick romances in this novel)

- Women, how important they are. I've already been in love, but how many times? Four... six... seven, yes, seven times... It takes a lot of time and fuels desperate thoughts. What a stupid thing is love... You get to know some women, love her, suffer for her... then they are bored or cheat on you.... Yes, I was "too boring" twice, and cheated five times... Then you find a new woman, more perfect than the others - and then she does the same as the less perfect women... Ah, what a vile species of animals these women are! They play with us, although their limited brain can't even comprehend us... Well, it's true that also a tiger can play with a man... They are vile, but nice...

- So what have I gained - he asked - from the Bulgarian dangers and the races or duels here and there...?"
- You have gained a better chance with her - he explained - before a year you had perhaps one hundred... or maybe even one twenty millionth probability of marrying her, and in a year you may have one twenty thousandth..."
- In a year's time? - repeated Wokulski, and again a kind of coldness of rawness enveloped him. Then he asked: - What if Miss Isabella will eventually love me or already loves me?
- For now, it would be necessary to ask whether Miss Isabella can love anyone...
- But isn't she a woman?"
- There happen to be women with a moral defect, incapable of loving anything and anyone but their fleeting whims, and so do men; it is as bad as some defects, like: deafness, blindness or paralysis, but less visible...

- Believe me, Mr. Ignacy - he finished with a hoarse voice - that even among animals you will not find such vile cattle as humans. In all of nature, the male belongs to the female who pleases him and whom he pleases. Thus, in cattle there are no idiots. But with us!... I am a Jew (by blood), so I am not allowed to love a Christian woman... He is a merchant, so he has no right to a countess... And you, who do not have money, have no right to any female at all... Vile your civilization!.. I would like to perhaps die immediately, but lashed by its debris....

(Replace "who do not have money" with "who do not have a good genes" and you have our situation today)

- A beautiful world, this world of yours... And nice are those women at whom, when a man gives his own soul to them in the best of faith, he still has to look at the watch, lest he meet his predecessors and disturb his successors. Even a cake, in order to rise, needs a longer time: so is it possible to grow a great feeling in such a hurry, at such a fair?

I highly recommend reading this book for you guys, because it has many more interesting observations as this. There are also many bluepilled characters, which have their believes that all women are angels brutally destroyed later as the story goes on. Also, what I summarized about the Stanisław Wokulski's story is only a fragment of the true tragedy that he had to go through.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Interesting, I will have it on my to read list.

Thank you.

ostatni raz czytałem jakąkolwiek lekturę w podstawówce

Can you post source brocel?

Brutal, a % of people always knew. Either through intuition or experience.

Bolesław Prus was an author who was writting mostly a realistic novels. One of his most famous work was "The Doll", which tells a story of Stanisław Wokulski, who moneymaxxed a great fortune by selling the guns during a war between Turkey and Russia, and after returning to his home in Warsaw is trying to win a hand of the Izabela Łęcka, a noble girl from aristocratic family (but on the brink of bankruptcy by stupid actions of her father).

Now, I'm not gonna go in the details about this story because it would take too long, but know this - in this story, Stanisław Wokulski was trying everything that the redpill and bluepill is telling us today - he was buying her many beautiful things, he saved her father's economic situation many times, he was always gentle with her and never pushed her to do anything in return, he was fighting in a shooting duel and was risking his life for her etc. Yet, after all od this, everytime Izabela was bruttaly rejecting him. Why? Because she was disgusted by his "big red hands" (which were the result of his participation in the polish national uprising in the past) and because she had a totally unrealistic standards - she wanted a ideal man, without flaws or blemishes, like a statue that she had in her apartment. Hypergamy 100%.

But "The Doll" is not only about the story. It's also about many quotes said by the characters in this book, which are - from today's perspective - very blackpilled. I will quote some of my favorites below:

- Who knows, my Baron, if Starski is not right. We were taught to see women as angels, and we treat them as such. However, if they are only a primarily females, then we appear in their eyes more stupid and infirm than we are, and Starski must triumph. He is the master of the cash register who holds the right key to the lock, Baron! - he concluded with a laugh.
- And you say that, Mr. Wokulski?...
- I, my lord, and I sometimes ask myself whether we do not idolize women too much, or in general not take them too seriously; more seriously and more charmingly than we take ourselves....
- Miss Ewelina is one of the exceptions!!! - cried the baron.
- The existence of exceptions I do not deny, but who knows if Starski has not discovered a general law of [attraction]...

(Context: Starski was a... basically Pick Up Artist at this time, he was involved in many quick romances in this novel)

- Women, how important they are. I've already been in love, but how many times? Four... six... seven, yes, seven times... It takes a lot of time and fuels desperate thoughts. What a stupid thing is love... You get to know some women, love her, suffer for her... then they are bored or cheat on you.... Yes, I was "too boring" twice, and cheated five times... Then you find a new woman, more perfect than the others - and then she does the same as the less perfect women... Ah, what a vile species of animals these women are! They play with us, although their limited brain can't even comprehend us... Well, it's true that also a tiger can play with a man... They are vile, but nice...

- So what have I gained - he asked - from the Bulgarian dangers and the races or duels here and there...?"
- You have gained a better chance with her - he explained - before a year you had perhaps one hundred... or maybe even one twenty millionth probability of marrying her, and in a year you may have one twenty thousandth..."
- In a year's time? - repeated Wokulski, and again a kind of coldness of rawness enveloped him. Then he asked: - What if Miss Isabella will eventually love me or already loves me?
- For now, it would be necessary to ask whether Miss Isabella can love anyone...
- But isn't she a woman?"
- There happen to be women with a moral defect, incapable of loving anything and anyone but their fleeting whims, and so do men; it is as bad as some defects, like: deafness, blindness or paralysis, but less visible...

- Believe me, Mr. Ignacy - he finished with a hoarse voice - that even among animals you will not find such vile cattle as humans. In all of nature, the male belongs to the female who pleases him and whom he pleases. Thus, in cattle there are no idiots. But with us!... I am a Jew (by blood), so I am not allowed to love a Christian woman... He is a merchant, so he has no right to a countess... And you, who do not have money, have no right to any female at all... Vile your civilization!.. I would like to perhaps die immediately, but lashed by its debris....

(Replace "who do not have money" with "who do not have a good genes" and you have our situation today)

- A beautiful world, this world of yours... And nice are those women at whom, when a man gives his own soul to them in the best of faith, he still has to look at the watch, lest he meet his predecessors and disturb his successors. Even a cake, in order to rise, needs a longer time: so is it possible to grow a great feeling in such a hurry, at such a fair?

I highly recommend reading this book for you guys, because it has many more interesting observations as this. There are also many bluepilled characters, which have their believes that all women are angels brutally destroyed later as the story goes on. Also, what I summarized about the Stanisław Wokulski's story is only a fragment of the true tragedy that he had to go through.
very very interesting great find