Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Most videogames suck these days.

just like television

The videogame industry has been pumping out so much garbage in recent years. Relative to the sheer amount of games being churned out, very few games are interesting, captivating, and entertaining, all at once. So many games today are just derivative tripe, and developer studios are doing the bare minimum they can get away with to throw out a minimum viable product.

Everything is too corporate and nobody is willing to take chances anymore and just make a good game. Everything now has to be tested in focus groups, and studios are betting on marketing hype to carry their poorly made games. Gone are the days when a small group of passionate game devs, who are gamers themselves, pour their hearts and souls into their labors of love, which could become a cult classic or a legendary game in their own right.

The videogame industry needs to implode, so we can have another gaming renaissance, like we did in the 90s.
I just keep on playing either fallout 4 with mods or play bf4. Or just play bf 2042 since the games been receiving a shit load of updates lately.

I think mmo games are the fucking worst along with terrible battle royal and hero shooters are a cancer to the gaming industry.

Most are pretty shit, from time to time we still get some gems. I think it's more a case of the stresses of reality now drown out any fucking enjoyment we did get from them. When you were younger, you 100% unironically played games and loved them - now you play them to continue to fill the endless void of cope. It's not quite as palatable being aware you're a fucking loser staring into your video game... if anything it really is a testament to how our shit lives never actually fucking started.