Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Most videogames suck these days.

B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command, Psychological Operations
★★★★★
The videogame industry has been pumping out so much garbage in recent years. Relative to the sheer amount of games being churned out, very few games are interesting, captivating, and entertaining, all at once. So many games today are just derivative tripe, and developer studios are doing the bare minimum they can get away with to throw out a minimum viable product.

Everything is too corporate and nobody is willing to take chances anymore and just make a good game. Everything now has to be tested in focus groups, and studios are betting on marketing hype to carry their poorly made games. Gone are the days when a small group of passionate game devs, who are gamers themselves, pour their hearts and souls into their labors of love, which could become a cult classic or a legendary game in their own right.

The videogame industry needs to implode, so we can have another gaming renaissance, like we did in the 90s.

The videogame industry has been pumping out so much garbage in recent years. Relative to the sheer amount of games being churned out, very few games are interesting, captivating, and entertaining, all at once. So many games today are just derivative tripe, and developer studios are doing the bare minimum they can get away with to throw out a minimum viable product.
Yes but....
Everything is too corporate and nobody is willing to take chances anymore and just make a good game. Everything now has to be tested in focus groups, and studios are betting on marketing hype to carry their poorly made games. Gone are the days when a small group of passionate game devs, who are gamers themselves, pour their hearts and souls into their labors of love, which could become a cult classic or a legendary game in their own right.
Yes but..
The videogame industry needs to implode, so we can have another gaming renaissance, like we did in the 90s.
Name some of your examples..

Good vs Bad..

Or are you saying everything from the 90's was good and everything after bad ? :kys:

I only play Ps2 Ps3 Wii and Psp games.

yes thats why i will be replaying old games.

That's why I tend to play the older/retro games

Thats why You play indie games...

I’ve been playing black ops 1 a lot recently it’s my favorite game ever.

Videogamehaver problems.

2B8FC3EA 07ED 48DE B3F5 B987380D1619

Basically yea the feminists and greedy kikes took over

Stop playing Tripple A titles then.

This is what happens when things get popular, greedy jews start milking it for all it's worth and just pump out shit that only brain dead normal fags can enjoy.

I pretty much stick to older and Japanese games nowadays.

Or are you saying everything from the 90's was good and everything after bad ? :kys:
No, obviously not. The 2D sidescrollers weren't the golden age of gaming. There have been some incredible games with fantastic stories and engaging gameplay even throughout the 2000s uptil around 2010ish. There have been very few good, noteworthy games since then. A lot of it does come down to taste, but I can see and appreciate a good, well-made game without necessarily being a player of the genre.

I'm not a big sidescroller fan, but I know that Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World were one of the best games made that happened to be in that genre. I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but I know that Mortal Kombat II and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike are some of the best of its class, not to mention the Tekken series.

And later in the 2000s with the later generations you had the Metal Gear Solid series which was the action genre, and that was top shelf videogaming. You had PC games like Diablo II and Starcraft that were best in class, and those games still hold today. And there's a bunch more across platforms and other genres that were - and still are - arguably some of the best games ever made.

People do not play games anymore, they would rather have sex and drink liquor.

Only incels play video games in 2022
kek cope
Videogames aren't niche anymore.
They are gaystream, that is the only reason why they suck.

Truecels play Runescape only

Play fighting games instead. Those never go out of style or get old. Or just pick up Elden Ring since it's the best game ever.

Bu- bu- but fortnite was good

sike

Probably just your/our opinion. The game industry is bigger than ever and lockdown pushed it even more. I agree with you btw I play snes only

Scalpers have ruined video game systems and the games are focused on money

Depressingly true. I realized all the games I play are usually at least a decade old, or I’m replaying games I played years ago. Even multiplayer games are consistently garbage. Last new games I got was new yakuza game and control, because of the Alan wake dlc. Currently playing through fear 1 again, lol, just replayed Alan wake as well cuz 2 was announced

Last edited:
This is why I don't invest in a game PC, instead I just use my old computers and play video games from the '80s and '90s.

No, obviously not. The 2D sidescrollers weren't the golden age of gaming. There have been some incredible games with fantastic stories and engaging gameplay even throughout the 2000s uptil around 2010ish. There have been very few good, noteworthy games since then. A lot of it does come down to taste, but I can see and appreciate a good, well-made game without necessarily being a player of the genre.

I'm not a big sidescroller fan, but I know that Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World were one of the best games made that happened to be in that genre. I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but I know that Mortal Kombat II and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike are some of the best of its class, not to mention the Tekken series.

And later in the 2000s with the later generations you had the Metal Gear Solid series which was the action genre, and that was top shelf videogaming. You had PC games like Diablo II and Starcraft that were best in class, and those games still hold today. And there's a bunch more across platforms and other genres that were - and still are - arguably some of the best games ever made.
I agree with all the titles you mentioned being excellent and I agree that the overall gaming experience has degraded. However, the reason for why this is has not been fleshed out.

There are titles and Console games and what not which I like from post 2010. The actual graphics, moves, strategy, problem solving and AI response is excellent on many modern games BUT....

The disappointment you are having (we all are having) is with the story.
Coupled with that the disaster of peppering in so many woke moments and reveals, that it makes the experience depressing. We ourselves are depressed and games are a reminder we don't have Chad/Stacy life.

Same exact thing with almost all movies. They are failing to tell any deeper story now days. They are bad copies of their earlier triumphs in movie making.

The new Batman is a great example. If one likes this movie, one is worshiping Chad/Stacy and new age metaphysical desire to be "interracial". The whole movie like one big retarded high school orgasam. The plot is pathetic like in most video games today.

All movies are about "Truth & Love" the two most misused and abused words in the English language today. It's why all games which try to have a big story, fail.

I quit and deleted RS after I found I was averaging 16 hours a day. Was legit living on it and only got off to eat and sleep
Did u get max cape at least? :feelsrope:

Yes but....

Yes but..

Name some of your examples..

Good vs Bad..

The last 6-7 years or so has been a drought for sure

It feels like almost nothing good has come out since 2015

The last 6-7 years or so has been a drought for sure

It feels like almost nothing good has come out since 2015
Not completely true. A few good ones have come out, some are sequels to previous titles. For 3rd person action adventure or shooters or RPG I tend to stick with titles that have stories very well established. For example, Shadow of War is fine cause it's Tolkien. Some Sci-Fi like Mass effect, Halo series or Warframe are okay. But the story becomes a bit too retarded after a while. Metro Exodus was okay too. But I got tired of post-apocalyptic genera. Assassin's creed not so bad but the storylines become disappointing.

As far as 90's games, many are replayable forever.

The spiderman game on PS4 was pretty great. Aside from the annoying fact that Peter Parker is a beta cuck, the game was immersive, the story was satisfying, the open world was sprawling and detailed. 9/10

There used to be super cool brutal video games in the past like manhunt.

Of all the recent games I liked a lot only Wither 3, all other games are conveirable

Not completely true. A few good ones have come out, some are sequels to previous titles. For 3rd person action adventure or shooters or RPG I tend to stick with titles that have stories very well established. For example, Shadow of War is fine cause it's Tolkien. Some Sci-Fi like Mass effect, Halo series or Warframe are okay. But the story becomes a bit too retarded after a while. Metro Exodus was okay too. But I got tired of post-apocalyptic genera. Assassin's creed not so bad but the storylines become disappointing.

As far as 90's games, many are replayable forever.
Are you referring to mass effect andromeda? The literal dumpster fire? Mass effect 3 came out in 2012, and even ME3 was considered the worst entry of the series at the time.

The halo series has also mostly gone to shit and is just a cash cow, and assassin's creed is practically a woke fifa game series now. They just rerelease it every year with a couple of model and name changes and a different setting. The last game had female viking warriors in it ffs, you can't get any more retarded than that.

I will grant you shadow of war and metro exodus as not terrible games but they suffer as rpgs from having a forced character background (similar to Fallout 4). I played the previous metro games and I was and still am of the opinion that they shouldn't have had a sequel.

The problem in my opinion is that all of the major game studios are getting infested with SJWs and/or corporate shills who have no talent and more importantly no interest in actually making games. CDProjektRed, Bioware, Bethesda, Rockstar Games, I could find more but those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Hard disagree games are as good as ever and even if you disagree just play old games then

japan still makes good games, as they always have. elden ring is good as expected.

im looking forward to some indie games

Witcher 3 was the last good game I've played.

Video games are just too expensive these days. And not to mention the concept of DLC's. Games are cash grabs nowadays. I Don't have the money to keep up anyway

I only play 360 and older games now

I am weird, so I just play PSP and Xbox 360 games.

I used to enjoy video games but RDR2 was the last enjoyable game I played. GTA is good but it’s milked way too much

Games as a service model, same thing happen to movies, copy + paste superhero movies and never ending remakes/sequels because studios didn’t want to take any creative risks and wanted to pander to the largest audience possible. :feelspuke::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

View: https://youtu.be/8UHj_Wa-z3Y

I wish Titanfall 2 didn't die like it did, it was so much fun.

People do not play games anymore, they would rather have sex and drink liquor.

Only incels play video games in 2022
i don't think that's the reason, the reason why video games are boring these days is because there's too many normalfags in gaming, and company make game more casual and soulless and put political stuffs to larger audience.
normalfags ruined video games.

Last edited:
i switched from gaming to learning to edit and its way more fun