Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over The death of basic respect in the west.

Mortis

Mortis

The Senator of Suffering & Minister of Misery
★★★★★
Whenever I see reenactments of historical events or read historical accounts of events, I am always so jealous of the people back in the old days, specifically the way they interacted with each other. I am talking here about 1700's - 1800's era.

If you compare how people acted towards each other now versus back then, it will make you want to puke at how we lost the most basic of respect for one another. People back in the day had respect for you solely because you existed, clean men and clean women respecting one another solely because of the virtue of respect, no strings attached. Women would approach men with humility, respect, and elegance. Men would approach women with delicacy, carefullness, and distant admiration. You'll get all kinds of titles described to you depending on your work, gender, and age. Simple things like just existing as an old person demanded respect back in the day. The gender roles and interactions just perfectly fit together creating a type of social cohesion that is unheard of in the year of our lord 2024. A strong social fabric that is unfortunately alien to modern society.

Nowadays if you are old, you'll get put in an old folks home, completely forgotten about by your family while you are being abused by nurses. Absolutely unthinkable back in the old days. Nowadays if you approach a woman, you'll be lucky if the Avengers don't show up and beat you up for attempted rape. They'll look at you with the most weird and disgusted face at you if you even as much as strike up a conversation with them in the elevator, they'll look at you as if you just exposed yourself to them simply by talking.

When did men stop being respected simply for being a respectable man? It's just not good enough for women anymore. Statements like "respect is earned not given" stems from a selfish post-modern bullshit attitude that tells you that "you are not entitled to even basic manners if my interaction with you doesn't benefit me in any way". This is why the old days are superior, you were entitled to things like respect and good manners from your peers. Spouting obscenities and being passive aggressive were seen as grave taboos. Now you can go on reddit and write a story about how you screamed "fuck off" at a guy that approached you on the street while you were wearing headphones, and people will all tell you that you didn't do anything wrong. People will see you as an average male and they will look at you with 0 respect until you've earned it, and that's completely the wrong way normies go about this. You always start off with respect, and that respect will decline or rise based on the interactions you have. Most people don't see average/unattractive men as human beings anymore, an issue ugly and average men didn't have back in the day. How did we get this massive zeitgeist shift? When did we lose basic respect for average/below average men. Why do women destroy the social fabric in their pursuit of chad?

:foidSoy:: "Oh Mortis, why are you making this a gendered thing, it's obviously an ubiquitous problem with technology"

While technology certainly fried the brain of most people, women are still unconditionally valued in society. Men don't have that inherent value thus society needs to artificially create it trough these forms of manners and respect that need to be enforced (socially). Women took the parts of the patriarchy they liked and abolished only those that stood in their way to "individuality and liberty", and consequently left a black hole in the social fabric.

If foids want to create a hands off society then also be ready for rising crime (including SA and rape), declining birth rates, an increased amount of polarisation, and many more cataclysmic events that will eventually lead to a society that's adamised to the point where humans will artificially create social situations with AI and androids. (Something that's already happening). We are heading for a hell society where the majority of men will be completely ostracised.

Thanks feminism! Hope chad is worth it!

Last edited:

It's truly over. You know I actually weirded people out back in high school because I said things like "beg you pardon" and "please excuse me" (in my language of course) to teachers when I did something wrong. Teachers called me "obnoxiously formal"...really? For saying "beg you pardon"?

The whole "m'lady" meme is a perfect example that basic respect is not only forgotten but looked down upon.

Last edited:
It's truly over. You know I actually weirded people out back in high school because I said things like "beg you pardon" and "please excuse me" (in my language of course) to teachers when I did something wrong. Teachers called me "obnoxiously formal"...really? For say "beg you pardon"?

The whole "m'lady" meme is a perfect example that basic respect is not only forgotten but looked down upon.
Nigger language has become glorified. Those teachers of yours sound like pieces of shit as well

High IQ post

life could be heaven if women didn't fuck it up

A good example of this for me is this video: back in the days even the men who were fighting on the different sides of the war was able to talk with each other with such respect that it's brings a tear in my eyes. Today conversations like this doesn't exist

EDIT: My bad, they were fighting on the same side, but still their conversation is very cultural that it's just feels weird for my Zoomer's brain

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTf44Wwa2Fo

Uncle Ted was right

High IQ post
Thanks!
A good example of this for me is this video: back in the days even the men who were fighting on the different sides of the war was able to talk with each other with such respect that it's brings a tear in my eyes. Today conversations like this doesn't exist

EDIT: My bad, they were fighting on the same side, but still their conversation is very cultural that it's just feels weird for my Zoomer's brain

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTf44Wwa2Fo

What a great video. It also makes me emotional knowing that we'll never have this again in our lifetime.

@Fat Link sticky worthy?

Black people from the 1700-1800s reading this

Ray J Lol GIF by VH1

I think you have rose-tinted goggles on. All of the supposed decorum and pleasantry of those days was just a veil hiding people's true sentiments just like it is now. Plenty of people and cultures still have etiquette. It's only real purpose is social cohesion. But in an increasingly atomized/globalized world....

In the information age, certain social delusions can be seen through for what they are, and they're falling apart piece by piece. This is reflected in the general behavior of the population.

All of the supposed decorum and pleasantry of those days was just a veil hiding people's true sentiments just like it is now.
Somewhat true but definitely not a hard agree. You could see in womens eyes that they genuinely respected your authority that you had back in the day simply because you were a respectable male.
XD

In the information age, certain social delusions can be seen through for what they are, and they're falling apart piece by piece. This is reflected in the general behavior of the population.
It's not that people back then were delusional, they knew there was a certain degree of virtue signaling and theatre going on in people's action but you can't deny the very real and underlying social conditioning that led to people upholding social cohesion.

And it's not that people are seeing trough it, feminists are actively destroying respectful interaction under the guise of "destroying the patriarchy"

Somewhat true but definitely not a hard agree. You could see in womens eyes that they genuinely respected your authority that you had back in the day simply because you were a respectable male.
Idk, I think the "respected" males of today pretty much enjoy the same respect, though the standards have changed. If a guy has money and status, even without looks he can still expect a certain degree of respect simply because he meets the criteria of the times.

And it's not that people are seeing trough it, feminists are actively destroying respectful interaction under the guise of "destroying the patriarchy"
I think it's both. In the case of feminists there is definitely a level of resentment for women's perceived need to respect men just because they're men.

This site glamorizes far too many old, outdated customs. Go to church if that’s how you want to be treated

back in days insults were calling someone names like 'insolent','vile','villainous' etc and a great deal of insults consist of sarcastic jibes

nowadays?

great thread. its not just women who created this new age, this new society. It's actually men who are and have been enabling it, all in the name of progress. Women have just been the sole beneficiaries of such technological advance, for the most part.

In German theres a saying ''The Ghosts that I've summoned''. Men themselves have summoned this rotting soyciety.

We all know NOTHING will change. Women have armies of simps to defend them.

Respect is seen as a relic of the past (pre modern era) nowadays if you aren't useful people don't wanna be around you yet from my experience these are the same people not content when things aren't feared towards them in a social or work setting (me, me, me) this attitude is so rampant it wouldn't compare to a sheltered rich person's outlook on life.

Simping to low iq people means respect towards females or your love life, it seems just like having good morals means nothing so too does respect in Internet dependent nation states.

Yeah I thought I was the only one when I felt like most people today are extremely selfish and cold-hearted. There’s no social cohesion that makes life wortwhile anymore. No common culture to stand side by side with. I don’t even feel pride for my country anymore. Everyone is effectively on their own in an atomized society. Now all the rules are allowed because of globies pushing everything into a secular hellhole.

What used to be seen as sinful and disgusting (extreme greed, being way too openly sexual, sociopaths, psychopaths) are now praised and even encouraged by society.

I will never be able to afford a home because everything is extremely expensive AND they allow millions of illegals every year which means the demands for housing will only continue to go up while the supply will stay stagnant or even worse, will diminish in quantity. All because we worship greedy people.

Bring back religion.

Last edited:
The loosh farm is evolving, or should I rather say devolving. Its getting worse by every century, decade, year, month untill the moment end times actually commence and harvest times comes. Comeback of creators of this phony simulation is imminent.

Also Im fucking jealous of boomers man. My grandparents have dozens of friends and a huge family full of brothers, sisters, cousins that are there for them when help is needed. They constantly talk to each other and have fun.

Meanwhile my generation’s branch in the family is only a very few cousins and one sibling. We barely talk to each other and we’re all depressed.

The quintessential thing that holds a society together is family. This is how I know that we are 100% heading towards societal collapse or a massive paradigm shift that will change everything as we know it (AI going rogue or taking over everything)

back then there was no foid rights

Whenever I see reenactments of historical events or read historical accounts of events, I am always so jealous of the people back in the old days, specifically the way they interacted with each other. I am talking here about 1700's - 1800's era.

If you compare how people acted towards each other now versus back then, it will make you want to puke at how we lost the most basic of respect for one another. People back in the day had respect for you solely because you existed, clean men and clean women respecting one another solely because of the virtue of respect, no strings attached. Women would approach men with humility, respect, and elegance. Men would approach women with delicacy, carefullness, and distant admiration. You'll get all kinds of titles described to you depending on your work, gender, and age. Simple things like just existing as an old person demanded respect back in the day. The gender roles and interactions just perfectly fit together creating a type of social cohesion that is unheard of in the year of our lord 2024. A strong social fabric that is unfortunately alien to modern society.

Nowadays if you are old, you'll get put in an old folks home, completely forgotten about by your family while you are being abused by nurses. Absolutely unthinkable back in the old days. Nowadays if you approach a woman, you'll be lucky if the Avengers don't show up and beat you up for attempted rape. They'll look at you with the most weird and disgusted face at you if you even as much as strike up a conversation with them in the elevator, they'll look at you as if you just exposed yourself to them simply by talking.

When did men stop being respected simply for being a respectable man? It's just not good enough for women anymore. Statements like "respect is earned not given" stems from a selfish post-modern bullshit attitude that tells you that "you are not entitled to even basic manners if my interaction with you doesn't benefit me in any way". This is why the old days are superior, you were entitled to things like respect and good manners from your peers. Spouting obscenities and being passive aggressive were seen as grave taboos. Now you can go on reddit and write a story about how you screamed "fuck off" at a guy that approached you on the street while you were wearing headphones, and people will all tell you that you didn't do anything wrong. People will see you as an average male and they will look at you with 0 respect until you've earned it, and that's completely the wrong way normies go about this. You always start off with respect, and that respect will decline or rise based on the interactions you have. Most people don't see average/unattractive men as human beings anymore, an issue ugly and average men didn't have back in the day. How did we get this massive zeitgeist shift? When did we lose basic respect for average/below average men. Why do women destroy the social fabric in their pursuit of chad?

:foidSoy:: "Oh Mortis, why are you making this a gendered thing, it's obviously an ubiquitous problem with technology"

While technology certainly fried the brain of most people, women are still unconditionally valued in society. Men don't have that inherent value thus society needs to artificially create it trough these forms of manners and respect that need to be enforced (socially). Women took the parts of the patriarchy they liked and abolished only those that stood in their way to "individuality and liberty", and consequently left a black hole in the social fabric.

If foids want to create a hands off society then also be ready for rising crime (including SA and rape), declining birth rates, an increased amount of polarisation, and many more cataclysmic events that will eventually lead to a society that's adamised to the point where humans will artificially create social situations with AI and androids. (Something that's already happening). We are heading for a hell society where the majority of men will be completely ostracised.

I would get respect even as a 5'3 man. Nowadays I don't because everyone's brainwashed by retard Kardashian lookism ovaries

Kasparov IQ. Great post

Ray J Lol GIF by VH1

I think you have rose-tinted goggles on. All of the supposed decorum and pleasantry of those days was just a veil hiding people's true sentiments just like it is now. Plenty of people and cultures still have etiquette. It's only real purpose is social cohesion. But in an increasingly atomized/globalized world....

It’s funny since black families were wayyy better off in those days than today.

Your anti-white sentiment just makes you being a soldier for depraved modernity

Yeah I thought I was the only one when I felt like most people today are extremely selfish and cold-hearted. There’s no social cohesion that makes life wortwhile anymore. No common culture to stand side by side with. I don’t even feel pride for my country anymore. Everyone is effectively on their own in an atomized society. Now all the rules are allowed because of globies pushing everything into a secular hellhole.

What used to be seen as sinful and disgusting (extreme greed, being way too openly sexual, sociopaths, psychopaths) are now praised and even encouraged by society.

I will never be able to afford a home because everything is extremely expensive AND they allow millions of illegals every year which means the demands for housing will only continue to go up while the supply will stay stagnant or even worse, will diminish in quantity. All because we worship greedy people.

Bring back religion.
Muh they worked hadddd for deir moneyy muh you complain not work sigma hard work no pain no gai da wuold not risponsiblolleee for your wiknesssssss

No wonder man now retreated To neetdom, we dont matter anymore. Even An act of decency and respect is gone weed out from us.

I blame THE boomers and millenials For letting this happen, you guys fuck it up Soo bad. High house pricing, feminism, shit capitalist materialistik bastard.

All of you FUCK it up, and I want you To remember when THE time comeswhen you were Old, nobody Will give a shit about you, not even Your own children. Enjoy Your fruit of valor on this moment.

Youre Gonna need it BECAUSE when shit hits Its gonna hit, BECAUSE Whats left here is not Human anymore just devil who are For himself and only For himself

Modern society was artificially built on lies and emotions instead truth and cold facts. Close to 50% of foids jobs are worthless to the society and economy they should be dependent or men not the government that become their husbands/dads that gives away money left and right on some bullshit social programs. As long as foids will be allowed to work (only like 10-20% should work) we won't get our respect back in the society since if she can live on their own (by our stolen money through the taxes and bullshit foid biased hiring) they don't need our money or protection they have no incentive like in the past to find a good man that would do those things she can just whore around and find a new Chad to fuck it's a destructive force that was put there by the kike elite to destroy, divide and depopulate us from within.

Modern society was artificially built on lies and emotions instead truth and cold facts. Close to 50% of foids jobs are worthless to the society and economy they should be dependent or men not the government that become their husbands/dads that gives away money left and right on some bullshit social programs. As long as foids will be allowed to work (only like 10-20% should work) we won't get our respect back in the society since if she can live on their own (by our stolen money through the taxes and bullshit foid biased hiring) they don't need our money or protection they have no incentive like in the past to find a good man that would do those things she can just whore around and find a new Chad to fuck it's a destructive force that was put there by the kike elite to destroy, divide and depopulate us from within.
:bigbrain:

Very based thread, but I have a few comment about it:
  • TBF fuck boomer. Let them rot and be abused by nurses. They are the ones that ended everything. They are "the weak men who create hard times";
  • It's easy to see a parallel between what you describe and the reduction of violence. In the past, if you were disrespectful you'd get punched, even if you were a foid. Today this doesn't happen at all, it's the "nobody owes you anything" rule. People are free to be major assholes (especially women, they really abuse this) and the state golds and enforces complete monopoly on violence;
  • Like with everything, foids wants to create a hands off society where it's convenient. They want to abuse men however they want, but the moment men stand up for themselves they want the state to intervene.

I blame THE boomers and millenials For letting this happen, you guys fuck it up Soo bad. High house pricing, feminism, shit capitalist materialistik bastard.
Wrong. Millennials are THE lost generation. They have it worse than zoomers because they grew up with feminism but not with red or black pill. And they have faced already at least 2 major crisis, depending on the country.

It's truly over. You know I actually weirded people out back in high school because I said things like "beg you pardon" and "please excuse me" (in my language of course) to teachers when I did something wrong. Teachers called me "obnoxiously formal"...really? For saying "beg you pardon"?

GODDAMMIT I have the exact same experiences, I just knew today wasa good day to log on, even my fucking father has had this happen to him repeatedly in his workplace of adults, anywhere from 22 to 60 and people literally look at you like you're subhuman if you use a word too big for their stupid fucking brains, I actually have childhood memories of this shit happening to me in grade school and I was unironically bullied.

the only thing worth mentioning from the past is the economy, everything else is better now.

If you wanted to make money you could, if you wanted to buy a house you could, if you wanted to marry you could.

Now we are all wageslaves for no apparent reason

You always start off with respect, and that respect will decline or rise based on the interactions you have.
I have always operated this way myself.

Heck, just go back 80 Years and people still had health
Wrong. Millennials are THE lost generation. They have it worse than zoomers because they grew up with feminism but not with red or black pill. And they have faced already at least 2 major crisis, depending on the country.
Agreed.

Ive noticed the futher north i go in my country the nicer people are.

I live in the south tho.

Yeah, we are basically back in the stone age.

Ray J Lol GIF by VH1

Yeah this is the truth.

I hate how people belive others must "earn their respect." It's so douchey, you should be respectful by default.

Not entirely true, the only real documented class in that period were highly-educated and high-status people so obviously theyre gonna talk with more manners, as media progressed, so did the amount of people featured in it. now were in a time where everyone can be heard relatively easily as opposed to your average factory worker 100 years ago

Not entirely true, the only real documented class in that period were highly-educated and high-status people so obviously theyre gonna talk with more manners, as media progressed, so did the amount of people featured in it. now were in a time where everyone can be heard relatively easily as opposed to your average factory worker 100 years ago
Common misconception that this was only a trait of high society. This was expected of laymen.