Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion When did you first discover the incel community and accept your status as an incel?

KetamineAddictYoda

KetamineAddictYoda

Yodacel
★★★★★
I remember scrolling through Reddit during my first year of high school and some user whining about evil incels. I went to the incel subreddit, was extremely confused, and left to quickly forgot about it. I soon rediscovered the community, learned what it was truly about, and began to regularly participate. At first I coped by believing there was still hope for me. Surely I could practice looksmaxxing and being outgoing. Maybe even some mewing. Although I shared similar struggles to these internet strangers, I was different. But as the years passed and I remained alone, I gradually came to accept more and more of the blackpill. Rejections, friendzoning, ignoring, mockery and more were too much to bear. All the effort I expended amounted to nothing while Chad had women literally approaching him... I should've listened to my "friends" that labelled me the ugliest of the group, the redditors who rated me a 2/10, and my parents who stopped asking about my love life. After graduating college, I now accept that it isn't over for me just yet, but only because it never truly began.

Years back I thought incels were just plain misogynists jfl. Then late 2022 I started lurking this forum and a couple others to see what's what.

Around 2017 when incels was around on reddit and I could relate with everything they said

Discovered it around the time I was an active poster on r/ForeverAlone... So around 4 years ago, I think.

And when I accepted my status as an inkwell, just look at my join date. That's the answer..

After having asked out my then-oneitis (and being ghosted) during the very first covid lockdown.

I don't remember how the process went but I ended up learning about incel/blackpilled stuff, posted a bit on r/incelswithouthate, before signing up here a few weeks later.

I've known I was a pathetic subhuman since school, and every year it has gotten more obvious.

I didnt know about this website or a lot of the other incel stuff until this year though.

I'm 36 but I was still blue pulled and thought maybe it would get better (lol as if).

In 2019 I became blackpilled and began to watch blackpill topic videos on YouTube and other sites, and I also began to browse some of the smaller incel-related subreddits such as r/braincels that were able to avoid the Reddit bans. I also visited /r9k/ a lot more as it is basically the incel board of 4chan, but I had used it extensively years prior to 2019 as well.

Then of course I began lurking here soon after. I was originally afraid of the glowies, but eventually, I just gave up because I had nothing left to lose and joined the site in 2022.

2020 shortcels I think. I’m going to be honest I didn’t want to join because I’m an abused dog and identify more with my abused dog syndrome than not being able to get hoes

I remember scrolling through Reddit during my first year of high school and some user whining about evil incels. I went to the incel subreddit, was extremely confused, and left to quickly forgot about it. I soon rediscovered the community, learned what it was truly about, and began to regularly participate. At first I coped by believing there was still hope for me. Surely I could practice looksmaxxing and being outgoing. Maybe even some mewing. Although I shared similar struggles to these internet strangers, I was different. But as the years passed and I remained alone, I gradually came to accept more and more of the blackpill. Rejections, friendzoning, ignoring, mockery and more were too much to bear. All the effort I expended amounted to nothing while Chad had women literally approaching him... I should've listened to my "friends" that labelled me the ugliest of the group, the redditors who rated me a 2/10, and my parents who stopped asking about my love life. After graduating college, I now accept that it isn't over for me just yet, but only because it never truly began.
I typed in "incel website" and it popped out

A 5'1 Indian Janitor taped me to the wall and gave me a 42 hour lecture on the Blackpill and how it never began for me, and then gave me a ThinkPad T60 from 2007 with this site open and forced me to register. He then disappeared, heading back to Inkcell HQ.

around 2019, when I was 18 years old. I had already realized something was wrong with me since my early teens, seeing all my schoolmates having relationships and hooking up with girls while I was a socially awkward loser and no girl ever showed interest in me, but I never put much thought into it. Then I grew up, things did not get better, I found out about incels and the blackpill. and then I finally understood and accepted my fate

Late 2020, found out about the blackpill

January 2021 is when I first found out about this forum.

I found out I was an incel in 6th grade. I only discovered the incel circle communities till about 2 years later thoughever.

Basically I got really attracted to a foid in my class in 2016............ And here I am.

I discovered incels from Reddit back in '14, so... that was almost a decade ago. But when I actually really resonated with it? The same time I gave up, so... around 2018-ish?

I accepted my lonesomeness one night about a decade ago when I broke down. I knew it was over before ever encountering the its over meme. Ever since then, I've been kind of aloof to it and just kind of explore the blackbill today as a morbid fascination. Kind of the same way you would binge snuff and death clips

most of the users were added when corpo media promoted this forum in the context of the minassian case

I discovered this forum and the community in general after reading on 8chan about r/incels getting banned from cuckit

Probably around the time my account here was created, I was in high school, and figured that if I remained in my situation there, then I was going to continue being one out of school

Over last 20 years gone from blue,red to black pill, had a hunch of evolutional biology 20 years ago that alphas get most of the female mates in the animal kindom, started to find nuggets of red pilled truths ie 80/20 rule hypergamy ect, when online dating tinder/bumble highlighted the truths, being 5.8" 95kgs, round head thinning hair Im invisible to 99% of women, im maybe a give-up-cel middle-aged-cel dont know really

I got blackpilled in 2019 only but came to know about entire Incel things far late in 2022 only even skipping the covid lockdowns times and all, mainly because i was busy in raising from nothing to stand on my feet - get a job and all
overall i'm still learning about associated things

I was trying to find a girlfriend in my twenties. Every single female i asked out or spoke to on online dating ghosted me
for years, despite improving my pictures and profile constantly. I then began experimenting using other pictures of men.
I was able to get dates using pictures of good looking men and average/chad lites. The only independent variable was
my own face.

Using my own photos for 15 years with no matches or anyone messaging back. I did get matches but they were
fakes/instant ghosters. Every woman you ask out just talks about their real and imaginary boyfriends/husbands.

Last edited:
it was unironically through inceltears. i think i was just googling "why cant i attract girls" when i was like 15 or 16 and somehow i got to inceltears. but instead of agreeing with em, i instantly knew these people were just a bunch of insecure shitheads. thats how i found this community

August/September 2020 via wykop.pl, then I had break from lurking there since July 2021 and I made account here, almost 2 years ago

Was on the MGTOW cope at the end of 2016 until the end of 2017. I was in denial about being an incel until the blackpill made sense. I guess early 2018.