Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

why dont people explain their reasoning in arguments?

Despicablecel

Despicablecel

Captain
★★★★
Can someone tell me? Like if you say something and someone else disagrees, why dont they explain their reasoning? Some even spout ad hominems which are all projections in order to deflect.

They could literally write a sentence explaining why you’re wrong but they dont. I can understand if they think theyre overwhelmingly right but if it happens EVERY time clearly theyre talking outta their ass

because it makes you look like a betacuck

Debates are mostly emotional not logical. You're not trying to prove your point but to convince the other.
People enter a debate with no intention to ever change their mind, but they still think you will change yours.

Because they think it makes them look cool when they are just too retarded to think of an argument

If you meant on this website and not irl then they probably just stopped caring

If you are wrong, then you are not worth correcting
Im aware of this but sometimes its literal projection. Like some guy will say ur biased and thats why he doesnt take the argument seriously, then he goes and defends stuff that benefits him, you call him out for being biased and he says its just a coincidence and he is right lol. I was debating this guy on height (some athletes height) and i was actually right (supported by celebheights.com) but before i verified, he said he was overwhelmingly right. I trust my own conclusions over anyone else’s so its annoying that ppl think theyre right when they arent

Because they think it makes them look cool when they are just too retarded to think of an argument
Yes, this is the case at times. They will contradict what they said a few days/months ago so its possible its just to look cool/be a contrarian to annoy. Also, they sometimes just flat out disagree and wont eloborate cause they dont want to attack what you wrote since its too long or complex lol. What annoys me the most though is if they can simply provide some picture to support their disagreement and they cant even do that

Im aware of this but sometimes its literal projection. Like some guy will say ur biased and thats why he doesnt take the argument seriously, then he goes and defends stuff that benefits him, you call him out for being biased and he says its just a coincidence and he is right lol. I was debating this guy on height (some athletes height) and i was actually right (supported by celebheights.com) but before i verified, he said he was overwhelmingly right. I trust my own conclusions over anyone else’s so its annoying that ppl think theyre right when they arent
this guy though was like me and debated properly for the most part. There are way worse people lol

Yes, this is the case at times. They will contradict what they said a few days/months ago so its possible its just to look cool/be a contrarian to annoy. Also, they sometimes just flat out disagree and wont eloborate cause they dont want to attack what you wrote since its too long or complex lol. What annoys me the most though is if they can simply provide some picture to support their disagreement and they cant even do that
"Look at me I say offensive one word response so gigachad teehee" meanwhile their bitch ass would get knocked out irl or ostracized and seen as retarded so they say completely wild nonsensical shit whilst hiding behind a keyboard. But what does it matter anyways, they probably lifemog debatingcels like us and go online hiding behind their screen saying some retarded shit to try and offend you and then go back to their NT lives. That's why you don't argue with stupids

Debates are mostly emotional not logical. You're not trying to prove your point but to convince the other.
People enter a debate with no intention to ever change their mind, but they still think you will change yours.
if you think youre right in the first place and debate, at least youre proving you actually came to a conclusion based on proper reasoning tho. Lots dont debate cuz they dont know how to defend their point of view since its based on almost or entirely nothing

I don't need a proper reasoning I just choose the answer that sounds better to me
Doesnt matter if it didnt take long to come up with. If you have a conclusion, how come you cant defend it?

"Look at me I say offensive one word response so gigachad teehee" meanwhile their bitch ass would get knocked out irl or ostracized and seen as retarded so they say completely wild nonsensical shit whilst hiding behind a keyboard. But what does it matter anyways, they probably lifemog debatingcels like us and go online hiding behind their screen saying some retarded shit to try and offend you and then go back to their NT lives. That's why you don't argue with stupids
This is kinda true tbh; most who do this are the normies with low post counts and an early/earlyish join date so they are there to mostly be passive aggressive to the rotters by just saying instantaneous conclusions. You can tell if theyre reputable or not (as in they can somewhat be trustworthy with conclusions) by looking at other conclusions related to the same subject. If they usually say the stupidest, most outlandish shit you just know theyre there to get reactions. I can respect people who say shit u disagree with but theyre reputable.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back