Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Years of bullying have made me extremely sensitive and unable to take jokes(Incel Trait?)

StSausageCel

StSausageCel

Officer
★★★
I always used to be quiet when I was made fun of. It lead to years of pent up anger and comebacks I wish I had said. I was pushed to tears numerous times. I'm still traumatized from what I went through in HS.

Now whenever I get even the slightest inkling of "banter" or people making fun of me, I react aggressively to prevent it from going further. It seems my mind is overcompensating for all those times I let people take it too far.

However, now when I snap at people when they try to make fun of me, they look at me like I'm some aggressive psycho who can't take a joke. Even my few male friends have been victims to my new prickly personality.

I don't want to ever go back to How i was in high school. And it seems my mind wants to ensure I don't ever let it get to that point, even at the cost of appearing as some overaggressive asshole who can't take a "joke".

Same tbh i am autistic and have social anxiety

Be a good boy and be the punching bag of your group of human friends sweetie.

Um, I recommend therapy. You know, the magic cure all to all male issues.

I always used to be quiet when I was made fun of. It lead to years of pent up anger and comebacks I wish I had said. I was pushed to tears numerous times. I'm still traumatized from what I went through in HS.

Now whenever I get even the slightest inkling of "banter" or people making fun of me, I react aggressively to prevent it from going further. It seems my mind is overcompensating for all those times I let people take it too far.

However, now when I snap at people when they try to make fun of me, they look at me like I'm some aggressive psycho who can't take a joke. Even my few male friends have been victims to my new prickly personality.

I don't want to ever go back to How i was in high school. And it seems my mind wants to ensure I don't ever let it get to that point, even at the cost of appearing as some overaggressive asshole who can't take a "joke".
Same thing. Bullying doesn't increase the tolerance/endurance, but rather fucks you up emotionally so that you become extremely defensive/reclusive.

I relate to you 100% op. This is exactly why I’m a low empathy violent psychopath today. I have no remorse, sympathy or empathy for anyone. Nobody had it for me. So fuck them

The intolerance to jokes only kicks in when i know that the person does not mean it jokingly or only says it to me out of all people because they think that i am the easiest target.

I used to take jokes for what they are but i don't tolerate anyone making fun at my expense anymore. On the internet doing self-deprecating jokes is still a-okay but not with anyone irl.

The whole relaxed attitude amongst friends unseriously poking fun at one another does not exist for foids nor does it exist for chads or those losers who want to be chads. I am ready for combat anytime now. If someone gets themselves killed because they couldn't keep their mouth shut, it'll be worth it.

More of a Truecel trait tbh a disabledcel

Yep it sure resonates with me I was easy pickings in my youth the 'whipping boy' so to speak. Sometimes jokes can be disguised as insults.