Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment How long can you last without sleep?

gummybearcel

gummybearcel

no gummy for your face
-
My mental health has been utter dogshit recently and my sleep pattern has reflected that. 2 days ago I got 13 hours of sleep in one night and then yesterday I got 3 hours of sleep. I don't really feel like sleeping tonight, so I am just curious what is the longest amount of time any of you have gone without sleep? I would be awake for about 40 hours if I go through with this although I've never experienced hallucinations when doing this before.

My mental health has been utter dogshit recently and my sleep pattern has reflected that. 2 days ago I got 13 hours of sleep in one night and then yesterday I got 3 hours of sleep. I don't really feel like sleeping tonight, so I am just curious what is the longest amount of time any of you have gone without sleep? I would be awake for about 40 hours if I go through with this although I've never experienced hallucinations when doing this before.
40-50
because i was homeless and on the run from someone
started at a wednesday 6am and ended on friday evening around 10

40-50
because i was homeless and on the run from someone
started at a wednesday 6am and ended on friday evening around 10
Sorry to hear that brocel. What kind of symptoms did you get from that?

Sorry to hear that brocel. What kind of symptoms did you get from that?
it was cold and snowing
ok let me try to remember

1. i started shaking all over, rattling teeth
2. sleeping on the spot while walking. I tried to stay awake because I feared that if I fell asleep in the cold, I would be dead.
However, even walking up and down, I would suddenly wake up. You cant stop it.
3. Incredible exhaustion
4. Deep cold. It took half a day to feel warm again. I went into a train station and leaned against a radiator to warm up
but it didnt do anything. Its like the cold is deep in your body.

5. cant eat or drink without shitting myself instantly

I did not have hallucinations though.

it was cold and snowing
ok let me try to remember

1. i started shaking all over, rattling teeth
2. sleeping on the spot while walking. I tried to stay awake because I feared that if I fell asleep in the cold, I would be dead.
However, even walking up and down, I would suddenly wake up. You cant stop it.
3. Incredible exhaustion
4. Deep cold. It took half a day to feel warm again. I went into a train station and leaned against a radiator to warm up
but it didnt do anything. Its like the cold is deep in your body.

5. cant eat or drink without shitting myself instantly

I did not have hallucinations though.
Damn you're resilient as fuck. I hope you're not still in this situation now, though? It sounds nightmarish.

2 days.
Wouldn't wish what I felt on anybody, and there are niggas that went way longer.

I have a phobia of falling asleep (Sounds retarded, I know...) So I have a really hard time sleeping sometimes. But it's usually just I sleep little. Not, I don't sleep at all.

2 days.
Wouldn't wish what I felt on anybody, and there are niggas that went way longer.

I have a phobia of falling asleep (Sounds retarded, I know...) So I have a really hard time sleeping sometimes. But it's usually just I sleep little. Not, I don't sleep at all.
yes relatable
the fear of dowsing off
could be related to sleep apnea, you choke and get panic reaction when sleeping
have you checked for that?

Damn you're resilient as fuck. I hope you're not still in this situation now, though? It sounds nightmarish.
no that was 2 years ago now. I was homeless from march 2021 to End of December 2021/early Janurary 2022.
They put me in this room in a apartment after I stayed in the shelter for 9 months.
Now im on welfare and Im doing fine.

It was just an isolated incident anyway, the guy I had to run from blackmailed me later but he was bluffing so nothing happened.

yes relatable
the fear of dowsing off
could be related to sleep apnea, you choke and get panic reaction when sleeping
have you checked for that?
Basically that, yeah...

I don't have those issues you mentioned. I do have sleep paralysis from time to time. Never saw "a thing" like people say they tend to see... But yeah.

I wish sleeping worked like that one machine in Chrono Trigger, where you get in, layed on it, and after 1 minute you are fully rested (but very hungry).

I fucking hate sleeping...

40+ hours, after that it depends

Basically that, yeah...

I don't have those issues you mentioned. I do have sleep paralysis from time to time. Never saw "a thing" like people say they tend to see... But yeah.

I wish sleeping worked like that one machine in Chrono Trigger, where you get in, layed on it, and after 1 minute you are fully rested (but very hungry).

I fucking hate sleeping...
ok check if you have a tongue tie

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VilJPFTwNyk

then check if you can get a sleep study done
+ look into APAP and CPAP machines.