Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Nostalgia Thread

Images 78

I guess It reminds me of better times...

In my case, definetly. I miss those days so much. I know they were not perfect, but compared to this hell i call my life... there is just no comparison. I would fucking kill to go back to an age when i was oblivious about my subhumanity. It just didnt matter... yet. I was just a kid and i felt free to fully engage with all those games. Nowadays, there is always a background feeling, a physical reminder of my complete failure as a person. It is just not the same. It doesnt feel the same.

same, man...
I guess It reminds me of better times...
Developers were still experimenting with different genres and dared to be creative with their work. Every game today feels like a copy of the one before

Developers were still experimenting with different genres and dared to be creative with their work. Every game today feels like a copy of the one before
Indeed, thats definetly one of the problems. But there are "new" games that make me feel like im playing old school PS2 games, like the Dark Souls and the Demon Souls. Metal Gear is still a thing. Idk, there are more but i just dont remember them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first online game (as far as i know). I remember buying the Action Replay cheat thing just to troll people in the game. Hundreds of hours. I remember it helped me so much playing this when i was a social outcast. My first more or less real social interactions... damn, just conversations with other humans, started here. I remember how fucking shocked i was when i discovered how normal people think and express themselves.

Last edited:

I see someone already posted the Windows 95 startup and the AOL dial up internet login.

Plenty of the youngcels probably won't remember Windows XP. It had issues but it was incredible to us when it went mainstream in 2002.

Some stuff for older UK-cels. Who loved Thunderbirds or Stingray or Captain Scarlett?

I see someone already posted the Windows 95 startup and the AOL dial up internet login.

Plenty of the youngcels probably won't remember Windows XP. It had issues but it was incredible to us when it went mainstream in 2002.

Some stuff for older UK-cels. Who loved Thunderbirds or Stingray or Captain Scarlett?

Fck. I didnt know those kind of videos existed. The first one is still killing me. My parents took me to the cinema to watch blubber or however its called. I remember the spicy girls and the shitty movie perfectly. I still watch some youtubers that play AoE2 and FFVII. God... thanks for sharing. So much nostalgia.

Btw, my father still has one computer at home that runs windows XP. He has been using tablets and that kind of new things but the computer remains there in the room i spent thousands of hours studying. I didnt notice that when he decides its not worth and uses the table for any other pourpose, i will never see that windows again. Fuck.

I like it a lot. I might use it to wake up. Never played the game tho.
Reminds me of...

My first game console was a Play Station. I played a lot of Super Nintendo games when i was at my relatives homes. My cousins were nice. I miss them. I was so isolated as a kid, that if they didnt invite me to their home and explained me what a console was and how to play, i probably would have never know about its existence and never asked for a PS1 and a PS2 to my parents, and so i would havewasted the only years that an incel can take advantage of.

Fck. I didnt know those kind of videos existed. The first one is still killing me. My parents took me to the cinema to watch blubber or however its called. I remember the spicy girls and the shitty movie perfectly. I still watch some youtubers that play AoE2 and FFVII. God... thanks for sharing. So much nostalgia.

Btw, my father still has one computer at home that runs windows XP. He has been using tablets and that kind of new things but the computer remains there in the room i spent thousands of hours studying. I didnt notice that when he decides its not worth and uses the table for any other pourpose, i will never see that windows again. Fuck.

Dude. The first time i saw these they literally brought a tear to my eye. 1997-1999 really were the crowning glory of an amazing time. In my opinion 1990-2007 were the peak of human civilisation. I remember going to see blubber myself. The spice girls were huge here in the UK even though they were such a manufactured brand.

I actually have a computer in my shed that runs XP. The only thing i use it for is programming old EPROM's via the serial port and i haven't done that with it for over a year now as i have a never computer at work that can do it. You know when XP first started coming on the scene in 2002-2004 it really was a step up for PC's that hasn't really been replicated since. I mean it had issues but it was a very slick user experience. It looked so much fresher and PC's really started to improve. You had the new Pentium 4 on the scene - 3Ghz and 3.4Ghz variants. RAM was doubling every generation and HDD storage was exploding - think about going from 600MB to 80GB to 250GB. Oh and then there was broadband internet, writable DVD's and early flash drives - my first one was 64MB!

Probably the biggest leap that a lot of you youngens take for granted is LCD flat screen monitors! The old CRT ones were bulky, they took up all your desk, produced copious amounts of static and made annoying noises. These started to become standard everywhere around the early 2000's.

Online you had geocities, Myspace, Photobucket and forums were huge back then! No Farcebook or Twatter. Chat was AIM, ICQ and MSN messenger. Times were incredible. Admittedly streaming video was in its infancy.

Edit:

More Nostalgia for 90's cels.

Tom & Jerry kids!

SPIDERMAN! Definitely my favourite followed by Fantastic Four and X-men!

I see people have already posted some Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z

Anyone remember Johnny Quest? Friday afternoon on BBC1 after school!

UKcels might remember how this was on BBC2 on weekday evenings.

Who loved Robot Wars? BBC2 on Friday afternoon!

Last edited:

Literally my first horror game. I played the demo of course. I think i was the first kid that had one of these consoles. I didnt understand anything, and i was extremely scared. I literally never finished it, for me it was like a whole game i could spend hours.
I played the first demo disc, the one that was included with the PSX, so many times that i remember every game. Included this one. I only played Super Nintendo before, and always in someone else´s home. I could not even believe it when my parents gave me this.

A really underrated game, the 2nd one was good too. Very creepy and dark.

Dude. The first time i saw these they literally brought a tear to my eye. 1997-1999 really were the crowning glory of an amazing time. In my opinion 1990-2007 were the peak of human civilisation. I remember going to see blubber myself. The spice girls were huge here in the UK even though they were such a manufactured brand.

I actually have a computer in my shed that runs XP. The only thing i use it for is programming old EPROM's via the serial port and i haven't done that with it for over a year now as i have a never computer at work that can do it. You know when XP first started coming on the scene in 2002-2004 it really was a step up for PC's that hasn't really been replicated since. I mean it had issues but it was a very slick user experience. It looked so much fresher and PC's really started to improve. You had the new Pentium 4 on the scene - 3Ghz and 3.4Ghz variants. RAM was doubling every generation and HDD storage was exploding - think about going from 600MB to 80GB to 250GB. Oh and then there was broadband internet, writable DVD's and early flash drives - my first one was 64MB!

Probably the biggest leap that a lot of you youngens take for granted is LCD flat screen monitors! The old CRT ones were bulky, they took up all your desk, produced copious amounts of static and made annoying noises. These started to become standard everywhere around the early 2000's.

Online you had geocities, Myspace, Photobucket and forums were huge back then! No Farcebook or Twatter. Chat was AIM, ICQ and MSN messenger. Times were incredible. Admittedly streaming video was in its infancy.

Yeah, im saving those vids for later, too much to take right now. I will need to search for some songs too and listen to them. Thanks for sharing.

I played my PS2 for YEARS in one of those bulky TVs. I wanted to save the last of them (many many years ago) from the trash but my parents throw it away anyway. I had to play my PS2 (due to purely nostalgic reasons during my long summer nights at my parents home during college holydays) in a flat screen. It sucked. If i wake up a bit from my fucking depression one of the things i want to do is buy one of those TVs and rescue my PS2 and my games from my parents home. I would love to play ZoE2, Chaos Legion or San Andreas.
I miss those days so much. Sometimes i just cant believe they are never coming back. I treasure every moment from those years like a personal mithology. I feel like a believer of a dead religion sometimes. I was young, but i think that during that era people nicer. I faced so much rejection and isolation since then that its like i lived two lifes in one. Like buddhist when they remember a past life. I only talk about games but i also watched thousands of movies. I just cant watch actual movies, they are retarded. I keep watching the same 3k movies over and over and over. Im sick.
But i fucking love this movie. It is beyond human understanding how much i like this movie, and im not going to confess how many times i think i have watched it. Every moment of it is engrained in my mind and flesh:

This film has never been released in my country, and it was firstly introduced at the same time than the internet. So Ghost in the Shell, Akira and this jewel were firstly watched in my country when i was, fortunalety, already born and concious. I love GitS and Akira, but this one... i have no words.
Well, i think im too drunk. Thanks for sharing so many cool things bois, i had a great time.

Last edited:
A really underrated game, the 2nd one was good too. Very creepy and dark.

I played only the demo of the first game, and when i was very very young. I still remember almost everything about it, specially the music. It is incredible how much our first games influence us during our early years. I love digging in my past.

I remember watching spiderman early in the morning before going to school. So much nostalgia. Sometimes i listen to the opening over and over and over lol
No idea. First time i see this. Thanks for sharing tho.

Last edited:
Indeed, thats definetly one of the problems. But there are "new" games that make me feel like im playing old school PS2 games, like the Dark Souls and the Demon Souls. Metal Gear is still a thing. Idk, there are more but i just dont remember them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first online game (as far as i know). I remember buying the Action Replay cheat thing just to troll people in the game. Hundreds of hours. I remember it helped me so much playing this when i was a social outcast. My first more or less real social interactions... damn, just conversations with other humans, started here. I remember how fucking shocked i was when i discovered how normal people think and express themselves.

O yeah, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls brought something new to the table when they came out. And now Western developers are trying to mimick those games with sh*t like Lords of the Fallen and The Surge, some other game I forget the name of but it's basically a Dark Souls clone with guns set in a sci-fi universe lol. Mortal Shell looks cool on the other hand... Still too early to tell

If you're looking for a game with a unique old school feeling and like survival RPGs maybe try Outward. Its mechanics can be brutal, sometimes to the extent of being obnoxious in that you can't go for 15 minutes without resting/eating & drinking when you first start out, but as you get better gear it becomes a little more forgiving. It's on PS4, Xbox One and on Steam and there's DLC on the way adding a whole new area to explore. Graphics at least on consoles are quite rubbish lol but it adds to the charm IMO

Yeah, im saving those vids for later, too much to take right now. I will need to search for some songs too and listen to them. Thanks for sharing.

I played my PS2 for YEARS in one of those bulky TVs. I wanted to save the last of them (many many years ago) from the trash but my parents throw it away anyway. I had to play my PS2 (due to purely nostalgic reasons during my long summer nights at my parents home during college holydays) in a flat screen. It sucked. If i wake up a bit from my fucking depression one of the things i want to do is buy one of those TVs and rescue my PS2 and my games from my parents home. I would love to play ZoE2, Chaos Legion or San Andreas.
I miss those days so much. Sometimes i just cant believe they are never coming back. I treasure every moment from those years like a personal mithology. I feel like a believer of a dead religion sometimes. I was young, but i think that during that era people nicer. I faced so much rejection and isolation since then that its like i lived two lifes in one. Like buddhist when they remember a past life. I only talk about games but i also watched thousands of movies. I just cant watch actual movies, they are retarded. I keep watching the same 3k movies over and over and over. Im sick.

You know i actually do prefer flatscreens but because of the way early games consoles generated their video signals the game play looks absolutely awful on a flatscreen. I still play my old xbox sometimes but the picture doesn't look very good. There are supposed to be ways to compensate for it.

Seen as you mentioned San Andreas - one of the greatest games in human history.

One of the greatest games in human history.

Good memories of banging round Los Santos to Radio: Los Santos

It was indeed a great time when life was good and there was still hope for the future.

Not tomorrow. Because there is no tomorrow. There is only yesterday. And there is nothing new in the past. New memories cannot be created, the past cannot change, and everything will be forgotten. Im trapped between my nostalgic past and my future oblivion.

Last edited:

I wish i could go back :feelsbadman:

Long time no see @IsolationHurts

Hi Diocel. Nice to see you. Cant believe someone noticed my absence or my return.

I started suffering from some serious mental health problems almost a year ago, and had to quit everything. But im way better now thanks to medication and therapy. So i can keep sharing the useless stuff that i find nostalgic in this obscure thread, in this obscure section of this obscure forum lol.

welcome back @IsolationHurts :feelsautistic:
I took a break from the forum too... at one point, everything just gets tiring.

one of my favorite games of all time:
Bully Cover

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88KNf0MtU14

I played it again back in 2019, it still holds up pretty well

welcome back @IsolationHurts :feelsautistic:
I took a break from the forum too... at one point, everything just gets tiring.

one of my favorite games of all time:
View attachment 428524

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88KNf0MtU14

I played it again back in 2019, it still holds up pretty well

Yep, this forum is one of the weirdest places to find humans. Im surprised this is still going on, to be honest. Incels are like extremophiles living in some deep volcanic crater or acidic lake. We suffer and struggle while we live because of the extreme environment, but we cant live anywhere else.
Anyway, dont mind my mental ramblings lmao

I loved that game. At the beginning, youre this social outcast that any kid liked, so i felt very identified with him.
I guess it was a very short one, because i remember, as a kid, playing it just for some days, beating it and forgetting about it. But i loved it indeed. Ive watched a longplay just for the free nostalgia not that long ago. It was very different from what i remember lol But still excellent. The OST is pretty good also. Gives me some weird Harry Potter vibe sometimes but, apart from that, its pretty cool.

View: https://youtu.be/appJZrqNYPg

I wish i could go back.

View: https://youtu.be/y5gahCSiRjk

I love this game. Unlocked it all, even all the endings. It was a super obscure game in my country, so i had to read how to unlock it all on gamefaqs.com I printed the guide i found most useful, and i wrote translations i needed in the papers.
Drakengard 2 suked balls. And, as far as i know, Drakengard 3 is even more anime-kawaii so the saga is dead i guess.
Good old times.

Hi Diocel. Nice to see you. Cant believe someone noticed my absence or my return.

I started suffering from some serious mental health problems almost a year ago, and had to quit everything. But im way better now thanks to medication and therapy. So i can keep sharing the useless stuff that i find nostalgic in this obscure thread, in this obscure section of this obscure forum lol.
Nice to see you back fren. Had to dip out myself for a similar reason in 2018-2019. In my case getting off medication is what improved my health enough for me to return to the forum.

This videogame series got 6 year old me into Metal. I had never heard anything like this beforehand and I thought it was fucking awesome. This might be my favorite song from the series

The next year I ended up getting the 4th installment in the series and this song just never gets old. It plays on the first stage of the game for the three main empires. The 4th instiallment has an absolute perfect combination of the electric guitar and chinese instruments.

Just a pure nostalgic game in general. First JRPG I ever played and it blew my mind. This battle theme brings back some great memories.

Sonic Adventure was the first videogame I ever recall playing. This was the theme of the hub world station square. Pure fucking nostalgia.

Second videogame I ever played and this song is forever ingrained in my head, probably because its awesome and plays on two of my favorite stages in the game.

A very simple song, yet catchy and is probably the defining nostalgia of my childhood. Great game, although it hasnt aged very well.

Last edited:
Man that was the shit ,good old days 2000s

These first 4 videos are just games I remember playing a lot (and the music was huge part of the immersion, they all have great soundtracks)

Maybe I became too immersed in this games, because when I finished them, it actually felt like I lost a part of my life, so I'd just jump from game to game trying to replace it.

Its really dangerous to become to absorbed into these things, real life in some sense will always feel like its "lacking" to me because of how amazing it felt to be a part of these "different worlds", even if only in my mind

I think that's the danger of things like gaming and anime period, the real world just can't compare, and if you are really attached to and immersed in a particular medium, its like it becomes a part of your life, and when its finally completed, a part of your life is now over :cryfeels:

Secret of mana and Terranigma were big ones, I was literally depressed when I finished those two games:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZKc-SlD7q0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JgNZHQprsU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGrF-z-5i4Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpvkuaqbvCw

I remember I was so hyped when I first started this game up and saw an anime opening lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdRCsskJ8Uk

I never really played pokemon much or liked it that much as a game, but this song alone by itself just always sounded so great, its nostalgia incarnate, it just sounds like "childhood", just being able to play and have fun and just innocently not worry about real life problems

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6tbN9SZXs

Last edited:
Closest thing I have to nostalgia is actually being able to enjoy video games when I was younger. Now my mind is all over the place tbh.

I think that's the danger of things like gaming and anime period, the real world just can't compare, and if you are really attached to and immersed in a particular medium, its like it becomes a part of your life, and when its finally completed, a part of your life is now over

I know what you mean. When i was a kid i as able to immerse myself in games, anime, films, books... They were more real than my life, and when they ended, my life seemed fake. Nowadays, to be honest, i wish i was still able to get innocently lost in those artificial worlds. I miss my childhood so much.
Youre older than me btw. I feel nostalgia with PS1 and PS2 games. I felt devastated when i finished Dino Crisis 2, Parasite Eve 2...

View: https://youtu.be/Bq7_ucfK3v8

When youre a kid with no friends, a game ending is like the only friend you have suddenly saying goodbye.

Some games I played as a kid. I especially loved the late 90s 3D arcade racers, they had such a neat charm and aesthetic, that racing games nowadays completely lack.

I love the arcade style. Used to play an emulator when i was a kid, and i used to boy arcade-looking games for my GBA, like Metroid Fusion and Zero.

View: https://youtu.be/YFKusOerZDA

Good old times.

View: https://youtu.be/KF39ZroDjwE