Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you sometimes get immersed into a work of fiction or art to the point you get strong emotional reactions to it as if it were real life?

Do you?

• Total voters
Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
This is happening to me right now as I reach the final parts of the Kodomo No Jikan manga, especially because the main character is a turbomentalcel who despite having two gorgeous girls madly in love with him, manages to always take the worst possible courses of action and make everyone involved suffer while simultaneously going diametrically against his own self-interest as well. I hate mentalcels like that, ngl.

Now I'm all worked up and can't sleep.

I think this is a good trait, my Literary Theory professor taught me that one of the definitions a genius is someone with an exacerbated sensibility.

This belongs in OffTopic ngl

Lmao I watched this before. It was definitely infuriating to see the teacher being so oblivious... I was unrealistically expecting stuff that will never happen in such anime. Have u checked out Usagi Drop? It's a more realistic show(if that's wat u want)
220px Usagi Drop Cover

It happened to me only once, while reading a scifi novel. At one point the author described a rising sun with such vivid details that I was completely immersed for a few pages. Afterwards I was like "wtf just happened?".

Lmao I watched this before. It was definitely infuriating to see the teacher being so oblivious... I was unrealistically expecting stuff that will never happen in such anime. Have u checked out Usagi Drop? It's a more realistic show(if that's wat u want)
View attachment 176713
It's in my backlog for years now, thanks. I have to watch it.

I love Kojika even with the subpar ending and odious Aoki sensei tbh, don't get me wrong. He being oblivious and messing up so much is certainty something on purpose by the author, lots of tension because of it.

WRESTLING IS STILL REAL TO ME GODDAMMIT!

Undertale. The story gets me every time.

I never got the anime thing. It’s one of the only normie things about me

wish i was a sith lord tbh also i fucking hate the new star wars

Yes and I don't like it, I want to be detached from fiction like a normie, but I cannot since its the only thing that seems to "delight" me.

Yes, I need this cope

one of the definitions a genius is someone with an exacerbated sensibility
Sure let's just bend definitions to fit whatever narrative we like.

I used to go on forums for people with high IQ (they call themselves zebras) and they have countless threads debating what genius is or isn't. Some say Michael Jordan is a basketball genius, some say one can only be a genius if he masters several/all disciplines, some say physical prowess cannot be considered genius, only intellectual endeavours can...
Etc ad nauseam.

I've always been astonished by how these supposed genuises spend more time arguing who's the greater genius rather than doing something productive with their intelligence. I got tired of these forums pretty quick.

No, that seems like a soy thing to do, crying in movies and all that

No, I can't enjoy fiction anymore because it all seems so dumb and forced. I simply cannot care about what fictional characters are doing.

Nah the only fiction i enjoy are videogames but i don't get that much into them like before tbh

No and I think it’s weird that some people cry over characters dying.

It happened when I read game of thrones, I read the whole series of books in less than a month and I wished everything was like in the books.

I'd be bored by slice of life anime/manga.

Yes, and it’s interesting because nothing evokes the same feelings for me in real life.

i cried like bitch at the end of final fantasy 15 (and other media mostly tokyo ghoul)

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back